Saturday, May 7, 2016

iNSD2016 is here!

What a weekend its going to be with the (inter)National Scrapbooking day and Mothers Day all in one. In Finland we'll celebrate mothers tomorrow Sunday, but It fells like sort of a mothers day today as I get to have some scrappy time for me! Yay!

My first challenge for the weekend comes from Shimelle's blog where there will be challenges throughout the day. Wohoo! Challenge is to use stamps as an embellishments. I used this big floral image from Stampendous, and I coloured three of them with watercolours. Actually these were meant to go to a card, but decided to use them in a page instead. 


That background is done by my girls and I didn't know what to do with it so I decided to use it as a background of a layout that tells the story about how excited my girls are to draw at the moment. 

As the background was as busy as it is, I didn't want to use much pattern papers, just a few to emphasis my picture. I used a bit of gesso to mute down all that drawing and it gave me the perfect place to add my journaling. 

***
Tänään on kansallinen skräppäyspäivä Amerikassa, ja se on jalkautunut myös tänne Eurooppaan. Shimellen blogissa on koko päivän haasteita, joihin ajattelin osallistua. Ensimmäisenä otan osaa haasteeseen jossa käytetään leimakuvia koristeina. Mulla leimattuna kolme Stampendouksen kukkakuvaa ja värittelin ne vesiväreillä. Taustana käytetty lasten piirrustelemaa paperia. :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that you used your girls' drawing on this page! Your choice of fabric is perfect for the photo.